An eye test at home
At Partridge Opticians we appreciate that not everyone is able to come into the Practice for an eye examination. If you find yourself in that position we can bring our service to you with a home visit.
Our home visits are available for people in their own homes or for those in residential care.
Using the latest portable equipment we can provide a complete eye examination in the comfort of your own home, or in the residential care home where you are staying.
Each part of the examination will be explained clearly to you and we will explain the results of your eye examination. If you need new glasses we will help you choose from our wide range of frames.
NHS optical vouchers
If you are entitled to an NHS Optical Voucher, you can put this towards the cost of your new glasses. Depending on your circumstance you may also be entitled to a free eye test.
Entitlement to free NHS eye tests
- Aged under 16
- Aged 16, 17 or 18 in full time education
- Aged 60 or over
- Diagnosed with Diabetes or Glaucoma
- Considered to be at risk of Glaucoma (as advised by an ophthalmologist)
- Aged 40 or over and the parent, brother, sister, son or daughter of a person diagnosed with Glaucoma
- Registered blind or partially sighted
- Eligible for an NHS Complex Lens Voucher (your optician will advise on your entitlement)
- Claiming Universal Credit (Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Pension Credit Guarantee Credit or receiving Tax Credits and meeting qualifying conditions)
- On a low Income and named on a valid HC2 (full help) or HC3 (partial help) certificate
Only those included in the above group are entitled to NHS-funded home visits. However, private home visits are also available.